Friday, July 20, 2012

Charlotte Prepcon!

How the hell did I miss the first one? Wedding!  It was a sacrifice that I was willing to make, open bar and some good food will tear me away from a lot of things. 

Back to the prepcon, this looks to be a good time that I will be attending and signing autographs for all my followers, just look for the bearded redneck with a camo hat on...I should be the only one. 

I am a big proponent of being prepared (no I don't think zombies are going to take over the world).  Why not, you prepare for everything else in your life (work, kids, purchasing a mini-van).  It is good to be ready for the non-foreseeable events that might take place.  Living in the South, we are exposed to hurricanes which is a great reason to keep some food and water on hand in case the power / water goes out and you can't get to the store. 

There are a million reasons to get prepared, hurricanes, tornados, zombies, the mayan calender ending etc.  But the main point is to get prepared, you don't need a BOB but a dedicated bag that has a flashlight, a couple bottles of water, granola bars, and a first aid kit should be the absolute minimum.  This goes double if you have kids.  

Hell even the gubment recommends that you be prepared with a 72 hr kit of some sort. 

Worst case scenario, you can live in the woods for a few days if you Mother-in-law comes to visit.  For Mother-in-law I recommend stashing a few bud-lights in the woods as sustenance.
 


2 comments:

  1. Booda, I know that your wit and charms allow you to transcend various social cliques, but I worry that a convention of Preps is not the place for you. Why have you sought them out? Is there a need for your voice to finally be heard on the merits of various boating footwear? Perhaps a chance to finally settle the score on what best enhances a pair of seersucker trousers? (Answer: embroidered whales.)

    If you must attend this PrepCon, Booda, tread carefully, and watch your back. Someone might just put a sweater on your shoulders.

    -Ace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace,

    I feel that you may have misread what prepcon is all about. While a convention of douches wearing seersucker pants and sperrys would be awesome, this one involves...fuck it I'm not going down that path.

    Well played! Well played indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Its me

My photo
Letting my thoughts flow